Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cagney and Lacey Conundrum


Using "Cagney and Lacey" as an example of anything certainly dates one.  (But then why doesn't quoting Shakespeare date one?)

Thou digresseth too much...

Cagney and Lacey was cancelled in 1983 and there was such a huge letter writing campaign by viewers (Yes, Virginia, there was no email/internet) that CBS brought it back for 5 more successful years. 

As I mentioned I had thought to stop this blog as I wanted to go onto another as yet not thought up, more directed, more marketable, about something blog.

I got an outpouring of letters from my 13 readers and this helped convince me to keep going.  I have no idea if I will write every day as before, but I still want to talk about New York and New Media and New Me. 

Thank you for the input all.  And I value whatever else you got! 

Remember, however, I am only one man, and Cagney and Lacey were two.

6 comments:

Ed V. said...

All I can say is, "CHRISTINE! Get in the CAHR!"

That's pretty much all I remember from from the series. But it's nice to see you blogging!!!!

dan said...

Hey Pat,

good to see that you have decided to continue blogging all over the world. You are good at it and you do it well - the main thing is that you continue to enjoy it. i suspect you would miss it as much as we would!?

Mr Phil said...

You blog, therefore we read. Add me to your list of letter-writing Man Hat In Ites!

Jennifer said...

Yeah!

Tony Westbrook said...

I know I have been Facebooking more than Blogging, but truly as creative men with a LOT to share, we must keep it going.
I would like to, one day, get a print out of the entire blog book style!

easca said...

Thank goodness you are back. Whenever I am in a rut, I think, "Hey, maybe Pat has a new blog entry that will cheer me up?!". So, for my mental wellfare, I am very grateful that you are back. I'll take what I can get. Remember, you have delightful affirmations, but NO ONE does misery comedy as well as you. To be specific, I mean the situational misercy comedy, not the self deprecating stuff. The shortest joke in the world: A seal walks into a club...Hilarious. Love you!